EigenCAM - A specialized high resolution optical spectrometer that can help you differentiate natural diamonds versus synthetic diamonds by analyzing its photoluminescence spectrum under a strong ultraviolet illumination.
EigenCAM Optical Spectrometer for Diamond Screening
Most natural pink diamonds can be identified by detecting their associated peaks at 415, 428, 439, and 452 nm together (see top 3 plots in the graph below).
Synthetic & Treated
The fluorescence spectra for the synthetic (both HPHT and CVD-grown) and treated pink diamonds peak is at 575 and/or 638 nm (see bottom 2 plots in the graph below).
Natural Versus Synthetic Diamonds Spectral Peaks
Diamond Samples Used for Screening
EigenCAM Optical Spectrometer and UV illuminator Test Setup
- Fiber probes sold separately
- Resolution: 1.2Mega Pixels 1280×960
- Pixel Size: 3.75µm
- Exposure Range: 64µs-2000s
- Interface: USB3.0 / USB2.0
- Bit rate: 12bit output
- Dimension: 62mm (Diameter) X 113mm (Length)
- Weight: 130g
- Working Temperature: -5°C to 45°
- This is a built-to-order product. Please plan your works accordingly due to the long lead time.
- Please Email us for additional details if needed.
Reference Test Setup and Scientific Paper
Rapid gemstone screening and identification using fluorescence spectroscopy. Tsung-Han Tsai and Ulrika F. S. D’Haenens-Johansson. Applied Optics Vol. 60, Issue 12, pp. 3412-3421 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.419885